Start Date: April 2024
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th February 2024 12 noon
Interview Day: Monday 26th February 2024
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Salary: Lead Practitioner Pay Scale
Join Aldersley High School: Now Hiring a Lead Practitioner for Mathematics for April 2024
Join Aldersley High School, recently rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED in June 2023, as we celebrate our students’ outstanding GCSE and A-Level results. We’re now hiring a Lead Practitioner of Mathematics for an April 2024 start. If you have a passion for Math’s Education and a proven track record in delivering exceptional lessons, this is your opportunity to make a significant impact on our educational journey.
Aldersley High School is a vibrant and successful 11-18 comprehensive school with a thriving, ever-expanding Sixth Form trust-wide provision on site. In June 2023, Ofsted visited and confirmed that we are a good school. Please see the link to our OFSTED Report below: OFSTED Report
We’re in search of Lead Practitioner of Mathematics who meets the following criteria:
- Is passionate about mathematics and can inspire a love for the subject in students.
- Has a strong background in curriculum planning and lesson delivery.
- Is research-led and engages in up-to-date educational research to enhance the quality of mathematics education.
- Has high expectations for all students and is committed to helping them achieve their full potential.
- Works well collaboratively in terms of strategy, planning, preparation, and development.
- Play a key role in leading teaching and learning with the mathematics department and across school.
- What We Offer in Return:
- A welcoming environment that promotes learning.
- Students who show respect to each other and other adults in the school.
- Flexible working options.
- Highly supportive CPD and financial contributions to external CPD opportunities.
- A structured and personalised induction program supported by a range of development opportunities.
Our school is conveniently located near J2 of the M54. Prospective candidates are encouraged to schedule a visit to meet our Headteacher before applying.
Note: This job posting may close early due to a high volume of qualified applications.
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice, and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all employees to share our commitment to the safeguarding of our pupils.
Schedule a Visit: We welcome visits to the school. To arrange a visit, please contact Claire Hammond on email@example.com and state in this email some times that suit you so we can try to accommodate.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and expect all Staff and Volunteers to share this commitment. All necessary Safeguarding checks will be undertaken which must have satisfactory outcomes, otherwise the conditional job offer may be withdrawn. Details of the checks that will be undertake can be found at Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023.
This role has been assessed as working in regulated activity and is subject to an Enhanced DBS plus Children’s Barred List Check. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Positions at the school are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to a post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). DBS Filtering guidance can be found on the GOV.UK website.
As a Trust we are committed to ensuring that throughout our recruitment and selection process, no applicant will be disadvantaged or discriminated against because of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.