Changes to the Test and Trace support payment for Parents
I am passing the following information on to you on behalf of the Government. If you require further information, please contact your Local Authority.
Parents and carers of children who have been advised to self-isolate by their education setting or by NHS Test and Trace are now able to apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment of £500, if they meet the eligibility criteria. The extension of the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme, which is administered by district and unitary local authorities in England, ensures that parents receive the financial support they need if they are unable to attend work due to childcare responsibilities.
Parents and carers should apply to their local authority to receive a payment. Applications for the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme are made via the local authority in which the parent or carer resides, not the local authority where the setting is situated, if these are different.
To be eligible applicants must meet all of the criteria that:
- they are the parent or guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate. This is limited to one parent or guardian per household for the child or young person’s self-isolation period
- they are employed or self-employed
- they cannot work from home while undertaking caring responsibilities and will lose income as a result
- they meet all the other means-tested eligibility criteria for a Test and Trace Support Payment or locally determined criteria for a discretionary payment
That their child or young person
- is aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)) and normally attends an education or childcare setting
- has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19)
I hope you find this information useful.
Ms N Davis
You may also like…
Dear Parents/Carers, We have all gone through a difficult 12 month period and I would like to thank you for all your...
Dear Parents/Carers RE: NUT FREE SCHOOLS People who suffer from nut allergies can develop a severe,...
Dear Parent/Carer RE: Easter Holiday Home Lateral Flow Testing Thank you for your support over the last week regarding...