Parent Support June 2020 Update
Dear Parents and Carers,
I wanted to reach out to let you know that, even though our school is currently closed to the majority of children, we’re still here to continue to support your child and your family in whatever way we can.
You might be noticing signs of increasing anxiety or demotivation in your child as they’re spending more time outside of their normal routines and are hearing lots of mixed messages in regards to going back to school. These might include:
- Acting out – this might include things like picking fights with you or with siblings or abusing alcohol or drugs.
- Becoming afraid to leave the house.
- Distancing themselves from their friends and family.
- Exhibiting intense emotions but being unable to talk about what they’re feeling.
- Becoming more demotivated and avoiding completing online work.
We sent out some resources on the 21st April to help you support your child. These have now been updated and I hope you find this information useful.
If you have any concerns about how your child is coping or you need any other support from the school, please contact your child’s Head of Year via email.
We’re extremely grateful for all the support you’ve shown us as we’ve adapted to these circumstances, and we want to reassure you that we are still here to support you too.