All pupils offered a healthy breakfast at school to ensure they are settled and ready to learn.
Aldersley High School School is proud to have signed up to the new National School Breakfast Programme (NSBP), funded by the Department for Education and delivered by the charities Family Action and Magic Breakfast.
The NSBP is supporting schools in disadvantaged areas of England and the Government is making funds available, initially until March 2020, for the Programme to operate in over 1,770 schools – primary, secondary, special schools and pupil referral units (PRUs).
What does this mean for the parents and students of Aldersley HighSchool?
- FREE healthy breakfast food is delivered direct to the school canteen until March 2020.
- A £500 Start Up Grant to buy equipment.
- Support from a dedicated member of NSBP staff to ensure we run a successful, free, Grab and Go/ Self Service Breakfast for all students.
- The Free Breakfast Provision will run from 7:30am – 8:40am daily to support parents with the morning school run.
When will free breakfast be available and what can students have for breakfast?
- Launch Day is Monday 13th May 2019. All Students Welcome!
- Bagels, Cereal (Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies, Shreddies, Cheerios) Porridge and Fruit will be available FREE of charge daily, in the dining hall.
For more information on Ingredients and Allergens please see the school website.
We are very excited about being able to offer this to all Aldersley High School Students and hope to see as many pupils for breakfast on launch day.
“No Forms, No Criteria to meet, JUST FREE BREAKFAST!”